Type Distance Learning
Qualification Level 2
Attendance Distance Learning
The aim of this qualification is designed for learners who want to improve their knowledge of the functions of housing associations and ways in which their tenants can be supported. It will support learners within the housing sector to develop their knowledge of how to better support tenants.
Unit 1 Introduction to the social housing sector
• Section 1 Understand the housing sector
• Section 2 Understand customer service in the context of the housing sector
• Section 3 Know how to direct tenants to useful support services and information
Unit 2 Understand the principles of safeguarding an equality and diversity
• Section 1 Understand what is meant by the term safeguarding
• Section 2 Understand what is meant by equality and diversity
Unit 3 Understand mental and physical ill health
• Section 1 Understand how to recognise and report mental ill-health
• Section 2 Understand how to recognise and report physical ill-health
• Section 3 Understand how to recognise and report possible dementia
Unit 4 Understand reasons for problematic behaviour
• Section 1 Understand behaviour that challenges
• Section 2 Understand substance misuse
• Section 3 Understand antisocial behaviour
Unit 5 Understand issues affecting isolated tenants
• Section 1 Understand the issue of loneliness
• Section 2 Understand the term ‘mate crime`
• Section 3 Understand the term ‘cuckooing`
Teaching and Assessment
Assessments are due at the end of each unit. Your tutor will assess your work and build up your portfolio of evidence of learning. A certificate will be awarded on satisfactory submission of evidence of learning for the units studied.
You will need to be over the age of 19 and been resident in the EU for at least 3 years. Learners must be educated up to Level 2 standard.
This qualification aims to provide you with an understanding of sexual health issues and increase...
This qualification aims to introduce you to the dangers surrounding alcohol and the risks...
Adverse circumstances can have a negative impact on anyone's life, but children and young people...
This qualification will give you an introductory understanding of childcare through exploring...
The qualification is suitable for a wide range of learners who wish to develop their knowledge...