Type Distance Learning
Qualification Level 2
Attendance Distance Learning
This qualification is aimed at anyone seeking to improve their knowledge of Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND), either for personal or professional reasons. Learners will consider many aspects of SEND, including the symptoms of specific conditions, legislation and guidance applicable to individuals with SEND and how such conditions affect individuals in daily life.
This course is split into five manageable units:
Unit 1: Introduction to Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
• Section 1: Understand the different conditions categorised as SEND conditions
• Section 2: Understand different models of disabilities
• Section 3: Understand how the rights and support available to those with a conditions categorised as SEND have changed over time.
Unit 2: Understand equality and diversity in the context of SEND
• Section 1: Understand the concept of equality and diversity
• Section 2: Understand legislation and guidance which supports individuals with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
• Section 3: Understand the importance of safeguarding an individual with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
• Section 4: Understand the benefits of a diverse and inclusive society for an individual with SEND.
Unit 3: Principles of promoting person centred approach for individuals with SEND
• Section 1: Understand person centred approaches
• Section 2: Understand the importance of encouraging active participation
• Section 3: Understand the importance of an individual’s well-being.
Unit 4: Understanding SEND and learning
• Section 1: Understand the importance of inclusive learning
• Section 2: Understand the use of support programmes for individuals with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
• Section 3: Understand the role of reasonable adjustments
• Section 4: Understand Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans.
Unit 5: Living with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
• Section 1: Understand the concept of neurodiversity
• Section 2: Understand the concept of the self
• Section 3: Understand the impact of societal and cultural influences on individuals with conditions categorised as SEND
• Section 4: Understand sources of support for individuals with SEND and the families
• Section 5: Understand the impact stigma has on individuals with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Online, 12 weeks.
Teaching and Assessment
Assessments are due at the end of each unit. Your tutor will assess your work and build up your portfolio of evidence of learning. A certificate will be awarded on satisfactory submission of evidence of learning for the units studied.
You will need to be over the age of 19 and been resident in the EU for at least 3 years. Learners must be educated up to Level 2 standard.
This qualification aims to provide you with an understanding of sexual health issues and increase...
This qualification aims to introduce you to the dangers surrounding alcohol and the risks...
Adverse circumstances can have a negative impact on anyone's life, but children and young people...
This qualification will give you an introductory understanding of childcare through exploring...
The qualification is suitable for a wide range of learners who wish to develop their knowledge...