Subject Health & Social Care
Type Distance Learning
Qualification Level 2
Attendance Distance Learning
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge and understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties. The qualification will explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
Units covered include:
• Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
• Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
• Introduction to personalisation in social care
• Principles of positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities
• Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
• Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access health care
Online or paper-based, 12 weeks.
Teaching and Assessment
Assessments are due at the end of each unit. Your tutor will assess your work and build up your portfolio of evidence of learning. A certificate will be awarded on satisfactory submission of evidence of learning for the units studied.
You will need to be over the age of 19 and been resident in the EU for at least 3 years.
Fill in your details below
This qualification aims to provide you with an understanding of sexual health issues and increase...
This qualification aims to introduce you to the dangers surrounding alcohol and the risks...
Adverse circumstances can have a negative impact on anyone's life, but children and young people...
This qualification will give you an introductory understanding of childcare through exploring...
The qualification is suitable for a wide range of learners who wish to develop their knowledge...