Type Distance Learning
Qualification Level CPD
Attendance Distance Learning
This qualification is aimed at anyone looking to develop their knowledge of a variety of safeguarding issues. Topics covered include the six principles which underpin safeguarding, safeguarding in organisations, current safeguarding legislation, local initiatives, the responsibilities of adults to safeguarding children and young people, the forms, types and signs of abuse and factors that may contribute to individuals being more vulnerable to abuse, and what to do and not do when abuse is disclosed, suspected or alleged.
Section 1: The national and local context of safeguarding and protection from abuse
• What does safeguarding mean?
• Safeguarding adults and learners
• Six principles of safeguarding
• The principles which underpin safeguarding of children, young people and adults
• The importance of safeguarding for individuals and organisations
• Current safeguarding legislation
• National policies and local initiatives relating to safeguarding
• Roles of different agencies in safeguarding
Section 2: The responsibilities of adults to safeguard children and young people
• Duty of care
• Ways in which adults can safeguard children and young people
• Ensuring consistent safeguarding
Section 3: How to recognise potential and actual abuse and harm
• Forms and types of abuse
• Signs and symptoms of abuse
• Why individuals may not disclose abuse
• Factors that may contribute to an individual being more vulnerable to abuse
Section 4: How to respond is abuse is disclosed, suspected or alleged
• Actions to take in the event of suspicions or allegations that an individual is experiencing abuse, including who to report suspicions of abuse to
• Procedures to follow if abuse, exploitation or harm is suspected
• Who to report concerns to
• How to respond to a disclosure of abuse
• What not to do if a disclosure takes place
Teaching and Assessment
• Great addition to your CV
• Receive an e-certificate upon completion
• Nationally recognised
• Official CPD certified course
Fill in your details below
This qualification aims to provide you with an understanding of sexual health issues and increase...
This qualification aims to introduce you to the dangers surrounding alcohol and the risks...
Adverse circumstances can have a negative impact on anyone's life, but children and young people...
This qualification will give you an introductory understanding of childcare through exploring...
The qualification is suitable for a wide range of learners who wish to develop their knowledge...