Type Distance Learning
Qualification Level CPD
Attendance Distance Learning
This qualification is aimed at anyone looking to develop their knowledge of the Prevent Duty and its role and importance in society. Learners will gain an understanding of why Prevent is necessary, its connection to British Values, and how to recognise and protect individuals from radicalisation and extremism.
Section 1: The Prevent duty and its importance in society
• Prevent and CONTEST
• Aims of the Prevent duty
• Why Prevent is necessary
• The threat of terrorism
• British Values
• The Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015
Section 2: Defining and exploring the warning signs of radicalisation and extremism
• Radicalisation, terrorism and extremism
• Terrorist attacks
• Factors which make individuals susceptible to radicalisation
• Warning signs that an individual may be becoming radicalised – adults, children and young people
Section 3: Keeping individuals safe from extremism and radicalisation
• Internal factors
• External factors
• The legal requirements made for organisation bodies regarding individuals who may be radicalised
• Higher education institutions
• The police
• Local authorities
• Schools and registered childcare providers
• Healthcare providers
• The criminal justice system
• Actions to be taken if there are concerns that an individual or group is at risk from radicalisation
• The Channel programme
• Need for agencies to share information in relation to concerns about vulnerable individuals
• Methods extremist groups use to encourage people to adopt their beliefs and/or engage in criminal activity
• Radicalisation in person and online
• Ways in which extremist groups engage in criminal activity
• Concealing terrorist funded activity
• Warning signs of criminal activity
• Phases of a terrorist act
Teaching and Assessment
• Great addition to your CV
• Receive an e-certificate upon completion
• Nationally recognised
• Official CPD certified course
This qualification aims to provide you with an understanding of sexual health issues and increase...
This qualification aims to introduce you to the dangers surrounding alcohol and the risks...
Adverse circumstances can have a negative impact on anyone's life, but children and young people...
This qualification will give you an introductory understanding of childcare through exploring...
The qualification is suitable for a wide range of learners who wish to develop their knowledge...